Sunday, March 27, 2011

Austins Gymnastics Review, Yard Work, and a new little friend

This last Thursday Austin had his 'Gymnastics Review' at school. He did a great job and I did an un-great job of taking pics but here are a few. I tried to put a video on but it took over 1/2 hr to download and I am super impatient soI finally gave up. No video :(




So proud of the medal he got! I am glad that they make it so special for the kids




Yesterday (Saturday), it rained all morning, we did sneek in a 9 am soccer game before the rain started. I cheated, these pics are from Bradyns soccer game a couple of weeks ago.




But finally the sun peeked through the clouds, so we bravely ventured out into our yard to do some yard work. We weren't outside but 2 minutes when the boys came to me with their feet looking like this.......



But due to all the rain, we found a friend in our yard. A frog! The boys were so excited. I gave them a pot to make the frog a home but all they wanted to do was hold him. Their little minds were a churning and they decided that if they found 1 frog, then certainly there would be more frogs in the yard. They took turns being the 'frog seeker' and the 'frog watcher'. The 'frog watcher' got to hold the frog so that was the coveted job.




Needless to say, as soon as the frog was unsupervised, it hopped right out of the pot and was never to be seen again. I don't really blame him, but the kids were disappointed. As for Nate and I, we felt like we worked all day and didn't get much accomplished. Earlier in the day, we had gone to DI (my favorite store) to exchange a bed frame we bought and found an outdoor dining table that seats 6. We bought it and repainted it. So today (Sunday) we had a nice bbq outside and ate dinner at our new table.
That's about the gist of it!

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Cute!! I love your blog I didn't know you had one so thanks so much for sharing it! I love you and your cute fam Ash! :)

Joleen Rowley said...

Your boys are so cute!!!! I'm sure they had fun with the frog. Bobbie still has the frog I brought to school, maybe you can get it from her and let them play with it.

Megan said...

Muddy shoes and playing with frogs? Yep. You definitely have 3 boys ;) They are so cute. Love the picture of Austin with his medal. And I am impressed that he can hold himself up on those rings. That is a feat!

Unknown said...

Ashley, your boys are so cute! I want to see a picture of your newly painted table, it sounds awesome!

Harada's said...

Such cute pictures of the boys! Mud and frogs.. Nothing better, right? =) I wish we lived closer. All our boys are so close in age and would have such a blast together!! Myabe one day. =)
How are you? I havent talked o you in forever!

Harada's said...

Such cute pictures of the boys! Mud and frogs.. Nothing better, right? =) I wish we lived closer. All our boys are so close in age and would have such a blast together!! Myabe one day. =)
How are you? I havent talked o you in forever!