Friday, March 11, 2011

Not as cool as I thought I was :(

Today we went to eat lunch at school with Bradyn. (Thank goodness friday is Pizza Day!) We got there before he did and got our lunch and went outside to sit down. Soon after, Bradyn came out with his buddies, most of them from his soccer team. I yelled for him and waved so he would know we were there. Bradyn wanted his friends to come sit by us but they had other plans so sit under one of the basketball hoops. This is how our conversation went...
Me: "Bradyn, you can go sit by your friends if you want and we'll catch up with you on the playground."
Bradyn: "Nah, I'll sit with you guys."
So we ate in silence for a minute and then Bradyn said
"Mom, can I go sit with my team?"
Me: "Sure, we'll see you on the playground."

**Tear**

I guess when you are 7 and in 1st grade friends come first. I love that he has such good friends and that he feels included. Here are a couple of pictures I took.




Bradyn and company


Austin and Ty LOVE eating lunch at Bradyns school because the love to play on the 'big kid playground'

3 comments:

Sarah F. said...

We went to lunch with Lauren the other day and she sat with us for about five minutes and wolfed down her lunch. Then she ran off saying she had to hurry to get a jump rope. It was pretty funny! First graders....they are one of a kind. So you aren't the only one who isn't the coolest mom. :)

Megan said...

I could see how that is kinda sad, but I would be more sad if my kids didn't have friends or felt left out, right? Your boys are so handsome - the ladies better watch out!

Heather said...

I LOOOOOVE to see your fam and all of the fun stuff you are doing!!! We sure love you guys!